From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #187: Remove row count and results pagination from Dashboard
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:47:39 GMT
sorry , I'm late to the party
:-/

On 9/19/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> There are two ways we can do this.
>
> 1. We can add a "show_paginator" argument to the TicketQueryWidget and set
> it to False for every widget instance on dashboard.
>    The plus side is that this leaves as with the option to have both style
> instances of the widget.
>    The negative side is that we keep some dead code if we never use the
> option with shown paginator.

-1

> 2. The simple solution is to simply remove the pagination stuff from the
> widget_grid.html.

indeed what should be done do IMO is to specify correct args to
bh_page_index.html inside widget_grid.html in order to get expected
behavior and remove the limit restriction .

>     As far as I can tell, the widget is not used outside the dashboard
> anyway.

Yes , it is . That's part of the philosophy of widgets in the end :
EXTREME reuse . So grids template is implemented once and reused
everywhere . That template is also used to render reports and query
views (<= web pages I mean) . Nonetheless widget_grid.html is not
limited to those use cases . You should also be able to use it to
render any kind of tabular data . At least it's designed to do so .

Besides , if using WidgetMacro the widget itself can be embedded
everywhere WikiFormatting is supported .

;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.