From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #187: Remove row count and results pagination from Dashboard
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:38:15 GMT
> Interesting. In that case, I will suggest that we always attach patches
> to tickets and refer to them as you have done here. For the smallest of
> patches, you can also choose to paste the text directly into an email -
> or indeed into a ticket comment as I did recently for #204. I will put
> this into a wiki page shortly.
>
> As for the patch, it looks like good work to me. Unless anyone else
> notices any problems I expect to commit it a bit later tonight.

hmmm ... I'm hoping any of my previous comments be considered . IMO we
shall not remove pagination . AFAICR there's an option for that ...

AFAICR in #80 I submitted a patch (... pending or already committed I
don't recall now ...) adding options to render Bootstrap pagination in
reports web page and built-in smaller pagination in widgets
(considering Joachim's suggestion ;) . Maybe we can follow a bit
further and parameterize page index visibility in query and report
widgets on top of the work made in there ...

About patches . I have the habit of including them in one of two forms

1.

{{{
#!diff

<patch contents>

}}}

2. Attachment having a name of the form
t<ticket_number>_r<changeset_id>_<descriptive_name>.diff

both ticket number and changeset ID are useful to know whether the
patch needs to be updated before applying it , and also to tag the
exact version modifications were tested against . This is a practice
inherited from Trac-dev itself so we might just include a link to
their patch submission guidelines wiki page or start from there and
customize it for our own usage .

--
Regards,

Olemis.