From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #187: Remove row count and results pagination from Dashboard
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 22:22:22 GMT
> On 09/20/2012 02:57 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:

>>> so far we don't . But I was considering this to be the case in the
>>> future .
>> ... considering Joachim's suggestions . I mean Edit and List buttons
>> included in widget header in mockups e.g. [1]_
>>
>> .. [1] MultiSite - Apache Bloodhound
>>
>> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/html-templates/product.html)
>>

> It looks to me like #80 does not provide all that much other than a
> change from trac defaults in pagination to bootstrap.

It also adds the possibility to use any pagination we decide in
widget_grid.html , and as a special case , remove it .

> It doesn't look
> like this change has been agreed to because there was a feeling that the
> pagination was a bit too intrusive too.

What was agreed once upon a time was to insert Bootstrap pagination in
web pages e.g. report view and legacy smaller pagination in widget .

> That means that all I can do
> with that ticket is move the template to the new suggested location.

I'll take a look once again , it's just that I don't have those
patches in my local MQ repos
:-/

> Meanwhile, I am not sure how the edit and list buttons are relevant to
> this part of the discussion

If a data is added or modified then the widget has to be refreshed via
AJAX ... if that happens , as a side effect it should be possible to
load query results incrementally without leaving the web page .

> although I suppose could be better ways of
> suggesting what the "more" link is for.. maybe.

¿?

--
Regards,

Olemis.