From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: installation procedure
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 16:25:12 GMT
> Hi,

:)

[...]
> This, for instance, looks like it might also work as long as the trac
> and various bloodhound entries appear first (reusing the single file):
>
>     mkdir /path/to/bh_local_cache
>     pip install --no-install --use-mirrors -I
>     --download="/path/to/bh_local_cache/" -r requirements.txt
>     pip install --find-links=file://path/to/local_cache/ --no-index
>     --index-url=file:///dev/null -r requirements.txt

This looks nice . I'll be trying it in a while so as to provide a more
informed reply .
;)

> Going with this download route would seem to only allow us to specify
> the files to be downloaded as tarballs or zips. That is, I don't believe
> any of the following would work for installing the Account Manager plugin:

[...]
> http://trac-hacks.org/changeset/latest/accountmanagerplugin/0.11?old_path=/&filename=accountmanagerplugin/0.11&format=zip

ufff ... I was hoping that the later would be the perfect solution ...

> Would using the
> https://bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound-t-h.o/downloads/TracAccountManager-0.3.2.tar.gz

... rather than this one . I mean , t-h.o download link target is a
dynamic tag . There's no such thing @ bitbucket

> as suggested by Olemis be a reasonable way to go or does anyone want to
> suggest other alternatives?

... so using t-h.o download link would have the added benefit of
relying on an always handy download link to latest zipball , without
the need to update download package @ bitbucket .

--
Regards,

Olemis.