From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: September Reports
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 14:04:55 GMT
I'll have a go:

Bloodhound is an issue tracker derivative of Trac, with the goal of making
deployment easy, and usage intuitive.

Bloodhound has been incubating since December 2011.

The top three issues that need to be addressed to move toward graduation are:

1. Improve community diversity
2. Lowering the barrier to entry and development
3. Establish a frequent release cycle

Since our last report Bloodhound has had its first release, version 0.1.0-RC1. This was promptly
followed by one external website hosting resources required during the installation to go
offline. At the time of writing this is unresolved, although a temporary fix has been identified
and suggestions for a more permanent fix have been made.

Our project issue tracking system has now also been upgraded to this first release of Bloodhound.
Predictably the number of issues raised since has risen significantly since as it exposed
many minor shortcomings not obvious when not used daily.

Conversations have also started on how to highlight issues that potential new contributors
would find engaging and manageable in complexity. This is mainly to address point 2 of the
issues listed above.

- Joe