From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #187: Remove row count and results pagination from Dashboard
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:47:05 GMT
I agree with displaying the total number - the More link could show "32 More" for example to
indicate how many more tickets there will be. Alternatively we could show something like:

More  42 Total

I believe we should always show the more link though, not just conditionally. It stands not
just for 'more tickets', but also represents 'more query options', 'more filtering' etc -
functionality that we may not want to duplicate on the Dashboard, and at least won't in the
short term.

Cheers,
Joe

On 19 Sep 2012, at 12:22, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:

> I agree that a user might want to know the total number of tickets that are matching
the query. I have not seen that feature in any mock-ups though. As it was Joe's request, I
hope he might comment on this aspect.

> Meanwhile thanks for the note about the "More" link. Discussions of this may overlap
a little with #190 which Jure is looking at. On the other hand, I don't think that point is
covered by #190 so I would probably encourage you to raise a new ticket.

> As for a possible answer to it: I don't suppose it would be missed if the "More" link
was shown conditionally. Although it could be considered useful as a link to the appropriate
query, the alternative of changing the link text may just be confusing.