From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject installation procedure
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:48:33 GMT
Hi,

Right, so I note that we have not actually finished sorting out the
installation process yet. It seems to me that it might be best to deal
with the problems through appropriate documentation rather than any
coded solution. We could of course question whether that is sustainable
as we get more plugins as part of a default install.

Anyway, I have been fighting a bit with pip installation as I also
wanted to see if the instructions could be changed to download all the
required packages to a known location first and then pip install. So,
something like:

    pip install --download="./dependencies/" -r requirements-download.txt
    pip install -r requirements-fromdl.txt

I'm trying to work out how well this and variations on the theme work.

This, for instance, looks like it might also work as long as the trac
and various bloodhound entries appear first (reusing the single file):

    mkdir /path/to/bh_local_cache
    pip install --no-install --use-mirrors -I
    --download="/path/to/bh_local_cache/" -r requirements.txt
    pip install --find-links=file://path/to/local_cache/ --no-index
    --index-url=file:///dev/null -r requirements.txt

Going with this download route would seem to only allow us to specify
the files to be downloaded as tarballs or zips. That is, I don't believe
any of the following would work for installing the Account Manager plugin:

    https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/0.11
    http://trac-hacks.org/changeset/latest/accountmanagerplugin/0.11?old_path=/&filename=accountmanagerplugin/0.11&format=zip

Would using the
https://bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound-t-h.o/downloads/TracAccountManager-0.3.2.tar.gz
as suggested by Olemis be a reasonable way to go or does anyone want to
suggest other alternatives?

Cheers,
     Gary