From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #203: Wiki toolbar not visible
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:03:51 GMT
On 09/25/2012 03:13 AM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 9/24/12, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> On 24/09/12 19:10, Apache Bloodhound wrote:
> [...]
>>>    > I will consider committing with:
>>>    > {{{
>>>    > #!css
>>>    > div.trac-resizable { display: table; width: 100% }
>>>    > }}}
>>>    > instead of:
>>>    > {{{
>>>    > #!css
>>>    > div.trac-resizable { display: table; width: 1px }
>>>    > }}}
>>>
>>>    -1 , please take a look at attached screenshot to see what happens when
>>>    textarea custom field is defined with ''cols'' set to `10` .
>>>
>> Well in that case we could just remove all the DIV.trac-resizable and
>> DIV.trac-grip css from that patch. This seems a particularly good option
>> as the patch has gone beyond its remit by adding the styles for the
>> resize bar.
>>
> Well ... I'd rather prefer to fix the whole wiki editor (focusing on
> ticket view as I was working on #146 ;) mainly considering the fact
> that changes needed are so tiny . I don't think there's such a big
> problem with .trac-resizable and .trac-grip . What about limiting the
> scope of 100% rule to apply just for wiki pages ? In the end grip
> element should be resized to div.trac-resizable container width .
>
> I'll update the ticket to reflect this situation .

Personally I really don't like to see tickets expanding beyond the
original description of work, even if there is a perception that some
extra piece of work is relatively small. In contrast I have no problem
with seeing tickets that specify small changes created to cover the
extra work as it should allow us to close the original ticket sooner.

Meanwhile, the problem introduced by setting the width to 100% that was
pointed out by Olemis, also exists to some extent on the edit wiki page
view. Setting a limit on the scope of this rule is therefore still going
to be a substandard solution. I think we should make this a new ticket
and deal with the issue properly.

Cheers,
     Gary