From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Proposal of pending tasks for beginners WAS: #187: Remove row count and results pagination from Dashboard (Was: Re: Trying to get started on Bloodhound development)
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:59:24 GMT
On 21.09.2012 16:29, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 9/21/12, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> Could do but I am not sure that we should even list the higher priority
>> work there. Would it put potential contributors off by making them feel
>> that they would have more pressure on them when they are just finding
>> their feet in the project?
>>
> ok , leave it out ... ;)
> what about order by milestone due date , if set ? Would a similar
> argument still be valid ?

Contributors are, by definition, volunteers. They'll typically pick
tasks in this order: a) things they find interesting/useful, b) things
their employers want, c) things the project roadmap suggests. There's no
way to force (c) before (a), so I see no good reason to try.

-- Brane

http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download