From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Proposal of pending tasks for beginners WAS: #187: Remove row count and results pagination from Dashboard (Was: Re: Trying to get started on Bloodhound development)
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 08:48:05 GMT
I've adjusted the query on
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundContributing - I'm
happy to adjust it again if necessary. The two enhancements are:

  * specify that owner should be nobody
      o this appears to be the simplest and most reliable way to make
        sure that the set is only unclaimed tickets although it does
        require that we don't assign to a blank owner
  * change count=5 to max=5
      o the count argument appears to be for something else (although I
        am not convinced that functionality works)

This is implemented through the following change:

    -[[TicketQuery(table, ?status=!closed&keywords=~starter, count=5)]]
    +[[TicketQuery(table, ?status=!closed&keywords=~starter&owner=nobody, max=5)]]

I would try to offer the result with no further judgement but I don't
think the pagination is quite what we are after here.

Cheers,
     Gary

On 09/19/2012 02:23 PM, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> I went ahead and tagged the #119, #18, #95, #154 and #123 as starter tickets. I've also
added a table dynamically displaying 5 starter tickets to the top of the BloodhoundContributing
page:
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundContributing
>
> Hope that helps as a starting point. Happy for others to extend it. Gary for example
suggested off-list to me that tickets that are assigned to someone other than 'nobody' or
accepted should be excluded, certainly a valid suggestion.