From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #187: Remove row count and results pagination from Dashboard
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 23:20:39 GMT
On 19/09/12 19:38, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 9/19/12, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> Interesting. In that case, I will suggest that we always attach patches
>> to tickets and refer to them as you have done here. For the smallest of
>> patches, you can also choose to paste the text directly into an email -
>> or indeed into a ticket comment as I did recently for #204. I will put
>> this into a wiki page shortly.
>>
>> As for the patch, it looks like good work to me. Unless anyone else
>> notices any problems I expect to commit it a bit later tonight.
>>
> hmmm ... I'm hoping any of my previous comments be considered . IMO we
> shall not remove pagination . AFAICR there's an option for that ...
>
> AFAICR in #80 I submitted a patch (... pending or already committed I
> don't recall now ...) adding options to render Bootstrap pagination in
> reports web page and built-in smaller pagination in widgets
> (considering Joachim's suggestion ;) . Maybe we can follow a bit
> further and parameterize page index visibility in query and report
> widgets on top of the work made in there ...

Well, it is entirely possible that I have missed the scope over which
these changes apply. Do we have widgets where a change of page updates
the content of the widget itself? If this is the case, I would expect to
keep the pagination. If it is not the case, I would not expect us to
enhance the widgets to do that quite yet and so I would consider
removing the pagination, reverting once there is the need again (code is
never really lost after all). On the other hand, perhaps there is some
use for pagination that I have not considered.

Whichever way these things turn out, I will delay applying the patch for
the moment to investigate further.

Cheers,
     Gary