From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Where do we discuss open tickets?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:20:20 GMT
On 09/19/2012 09:41 AM, Peter Koželj wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> Another newbie question. Where should various open tickets be discussed?
> Ticket comments seems natural but that goes to the commits mailing list and
> if I understood correctly, such discussions should land in the dev list,
> no?
>
> Peter

Open tickets should really be discussed on the dev list. If you reply to
the ticket message that goes to the commit list then it naturally goes
to the dev list. I think that should be encouraged so that we can get
more decisions made here. On tickets we can provide a link to the email
discussion and maybe provide a summary of the discussion on the ticket
once there is a consensus.

I think we should make sure we list actual work on the ticket itself -
specifying all the code changes with revision numbers.

 From the point of view of those who cannot commit to the bloodhound svn
repository, at the moment you would have a choice of either adding
patches as attachments to the ticket or sending them directly to the dev
list. When attaching directly to a ticket it would also be best to
follow this up with an email to the dev list.

Does this sound reasonable?

Cheers,
Gary