From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: September Reports
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 14:24:16 GMT
Joe,

I think it is good to get a fresh view from new report writers so that
is excellent. If you are able to edit
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2012 I think you should put
that straight in and if anyone wants to to make changes they can do so
and comment on the change on this thread.

Cheers,
     Gary

On 09/03/2012 03:04 PM, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> I'll have a go:
>
> Bloodhound is an issue tracker derivative of Trac, with the goal of making
> deployment easy, and usage intuitive.
>
> Bloodhound has been incubating since December 2011.
>
> The top three issues that need to be addressed to move toward graduation are:
>
> 1. Improve community diversity
> 2. Lowering the barrier to entry and development
> 3. Establish a frequent release cycle
>
> Since our last report Bloodhound has had its first release, version 0.1.0-RC1. This was
promptly followed by one external website hosting resources required during the installation
to go offline. At the time of writing this is unresolved, although a temporary fix has been
identified and suggestions for a more permanent fix have been made.

> Our project issue tracking system has now also been upgraded to this first release of
Bloodhound. Predictably the number of issues raised since has risen significantly since as
it exposed many minor shortcomings not obvious when not used daily.

> Conversations have also started on how to highlight issues that potential new contributors
would find engaging and manageable in complexity. This is mainly to address point 2 of the
issues listed above.