From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Unable to install bloodhound from svn, pip install fails
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 22:44:18 GMT
Hi All

I would have reported this in the issue tracker, but having signed up for
an account and verified my email address, I don't have TICKET_CREATE privs
so I can't :/

I'm trying to follow the Bloodhound Install wiki page[1], against the
latest version of Bloodhound from SVN. Against a fresh checkout, I
followed the steps:

   cd bloodhound/installer
   virtualenv bloodhound
   source ./bloodhound/bin/activate
   pip install -r requirements-dev.txt

Unforuanately, the pip step failed, the last few lines are:

Checking out https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/0.11 to
./bloodhound/src/tracaccountmanager
svn: E160013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/0.11'
svn: E160013: 'https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/0.11' path
not found
   Complete output from command /usr/bin/svn checkout -q
https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/0.11
/data/issues/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/src/tracaccountmanager:

Command /usr/bin/svn checkout -q
https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/0.11
/data/issues/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/src/tracaccountmanager failed
with error code 1 in None

Is this a known problem? Should this really be a fatal problem, or could
the installer instead skip over it if unavailable? Could either the
installer or the docs provide some more help about what to do in the event
of problems? And is there a workaround for now?

Thanks
Nick

[1] https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundInstall