From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to install bloodhound from svn, pip install fails
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 00:05:04 GMT
On 8/22/12, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/22/12, Branko ─îibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:

[...]
>> Furthermore, ASF infrastructure is intended to
>> support (and, to a the extent of covering the needs of the Foundation,
>> host) ASF projects, not to provide a repository for third-party
>> software; the legal implications of which I won't even try to go into,
>> but I expect they're not trivial.
>>

> All this implies no foreign code in ASF repos as we'd be storing in
> there only the index file we need , nothing else .
>
> PS: Of course the perfect solution would be to implement support in
> pip for installing packages in subfolders of Hg & Git repos ... but

... or otherwise talk to Bitbucket team so that they add support to
download zip archives containing all files in a folder @ a given
revision (<= not impossible since that feature is available in Trac
itself ;) . It'd be even possible to setup something like that in a
website outside ASF domain , or migrate t-h.o_shadow onto another
public hg hosting provider including such feature (<= which one ?).

Nonetheless the options mentioned above are not available at the
moment , so ... practicality beats purity
;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Resolviendo el problema 1 de la IMO 2012 con inversi├│n -
http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/2012/08/resolviendo-el-problema-1-de-la-imo.html