From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #156: Local copy of bloodhound part of Apache repo for browse functionality
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 05:27:10 GMT
On 8/8/12, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very cool!
>
> But with that said... I was on IRC, and the Infra guys might actually
> create a full repository mirror for us. The thing is that Apache
> Allura (also incubating) will want a copy of their project(s), too.
> Tho... I think they're going with Git, but the concept is the same.
> Bloodhound and Allura both need local read-access to repositories.

[...]
> I believe the Right Answer here is for both projects to confirm that
> this option is workable, and for us to ask Infra to start setting it
> up.
>
> Thoughts?

Well . I don't know if I understood correctly , so it's not clear to
me whether we will have git or svn repository after all this . In case
we are talking of git , the only thing I wanted to mention is that
there are some (performance) issues regarding git support in Trac .
There's a recent thread about that subject in trac-dev ML . If this is
something to consider then I can post a link to that thread for
further details .
:-/

If it's an svn repos in the end then ... nothing to  say ...
:-$

--
Regards,

Olemis.