From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to install bloodhound from svn, pip install fails
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:36:40 GMT
> Hi everyone,

:)

> So, it looks like two of the three trac-hacks plugins are pretty much
> unchanging at the moment and so pip installs direct from pypi should be
> possible for those.

Well these search results are not very encouraging [1]_ [2]_

  - TracPermRedirect is not hosted in PyPI
  - latest version of TracAccountManagerPlugin in
    there is 0.2.1dev-r4679 whereas latest in
    t-h.o_shadow repository is 2.0 > r10000 .
    Besides it seems to me that sdist package
    @ PyPI is not built correctly .

OTOH theme engine plugin seems to be up to date @ PyPI

> The link that Olemis provides for the account
> manager plugin tarball also looks to be a good version.

It's important to notice the contents of MANIFEST.in files needed to
build correct source tarballs for both theme engine and account
manager plugins . That's something we could propose to be committed
upstream buy plugin authors .
;)

> We are definitely going to have to look at this area again in the long
> run anyway.

IMO we should have a small package index (in ASF repository ?) in
order to provide alternate download links (e.g. PyPI , Bitbucket ,
...) to handle situations like this .

.. [1] TracAccountManager @ PyPI
        (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TracAccountManager/)

.. [2] Google search for TracPermRedirect = nothing
        (https://www.google.com.cu/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=trac+permredirect+plugin+site:pypi.python.org&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Resolviendo el problema 1 de la IMO 2012 con inversión -
http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/2012/08/resolviendo-el-problema-1-de-la-imo.html