From Hyrum K Wright <hy...@hyrumwright.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1)
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 06:12:37 GMT
On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I hope that this is not premature but as the conversation on the related
> [PROPOSAL] thread has died down, I would like to initiate the vote for
> releasing Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating). If successful this will be
> the first release of the project and is an important step that I hope will
> generate interest in the project and help the community to grow.
>
> The release candidate this vote relates to provides:
>
>  * A patched version of Trac
>  * A new dashboard view with the dashboard style unifying views of
>    tickets, milestones and the user's dashboard.
>  * A re-theming of the interface to use bootstrap
>  * Preliminary multi-product support as a step towards allowing the
>    tracking of multiple distinct products (or projects) in a single
>    environment
>  * Simplified installation with the inclusion of a number of plugins as
>    standard.
>
> As an initial release, of particular importance is that we have taken proper
> notice of licensing of code produced as part of this project and the proper
> acknowledgement of external work packaged with it.
>
> The release candidate artifacts consist of source release as a tar.gz
> archive along with the associated MD5 and GPG signature. These can be found
> at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/bloodhound/
>
> Please vote:
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0
> [ ] +0 Don't care
> [ ] -1 Do not release this package (please explain)
>
> The vote is open for 72 hours and, if successful, will be followed by a vote
> on general@incubator for a further 72 hours.

I know I'm late to the party, but +1 (binding).

I have not evaluated the technical content of the tarball, but have
looked to ensure it complies with ASF policies.  (Aside: it would be
nice to have an appropriate excludes file for the RAT tool, but that
shouldn't hold up this release.)

Good work and congrats!

Your absentee mentor,
-Hyrum