From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1)
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 17:40:05 GMT
Right. We're voting on the specific tarball. We're saying "this is
something the ASF can stand behind".

If Olemis took the tarball contents and manually installed it and/or
reviewed it in detail, then that's good enough. The auto-install
script doesn't have to work for it to be releasable. As I've mentioned
before, there can be lots of bugs; those will just get fixed in future
releases.

I'm going to be reviewing the contents, rather than the operation. I
don't care if it works. I just want to be sure the licensing and
notices are right, and that the tarball doesn't have trojans or other
malware in there. I'll also check the md5 (tho not set up to check the
sig right now).

Should be done in an hour or so...

Cheers,
-g