From Ian Wild <ian.w...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Unable to install bloodhound from svn, pip install fails
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:36:00 GMT
Hey Nick,

Unfortunately trac-hacks, where that plugin is hosted, is currently
down and may be so for a couple of weeks as the admin is away. I know
one of the maintainers is looking at shorter term hosting but I'm not
sure whether this will get the site fixed sooner.

Not sure on the best solution at this stage but there are mirrors we
may be able to point at temporarily just to get the install finished.
I'll do some digging tomorrow but I reckon the account manager plugin
is one you'd need to grab if your goal is to take a look at Bloodhound
in action.

Ian

On 15 Aug 2012, at 23:44, Nick Burch <apache@gagravarr.org> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I would have reported this in the issue tracker, but having signed up for an account
and verified my email address, I don't have TICKET_CREATE privs so I can't :/

> I'm trying to follow the Bloodhound Install wiki page[1], against the latest version
of Bloodhound from SVN. Against a fresh checkout, I followed the steps:

>  cd bloodhound/installer
>  virtualenv bloodhound
>  source ./bloodhound/bin/activate
>  pip install -r requirements-dev.txt
>
> Unforuanately, the pip step failed, the last few lines are:
>
> Checking out https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/0.11 to ./bloodhound/src/tracaccountmanager
> svn: E160013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/0.11'
> svn: E160013: 'https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/0.11' path not found
>  Complete output from command /usr/bin/svn checkout -q https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/0.11
/data/issues/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/src/tracaccountmanager:

> Command /usr/bin/svn checkout -q https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/0.11
/data/issues/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/src/tracaccountmanager failed with error code
1 in None

> Is this a known problem? Should this really be a fatal problem, or could the installer
instead skip over it if unavailable? Could either the installer or the docs provide some more
help about what to do in the event of problems? And is there a workaround for now?