From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Change to NOTICE file? (Was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1))
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:24:33 GMT
On 08/28/2012 02:45 PM, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> On 28.08.2012 15:31, Gary Martin wrote:
>>> What is the APLv2 License? You don't have to copy typos from the
>>> Bootstrap authors. :)
>>>
>>> It's "the Apache License, version 2", same as for Bloodhound.
>>>
>>> -- Brane
>>>
>> Heh.. sorry. My typo.
> The typo appears in Bootstrap's GitHub logs related to their LICENSE
> file. The file itself appears to be the original ALv2 as published on
> the Apache site. Haven't run a diff, though; it might not be too bad an
> idea to do that.
>
> -- Brane

Oh, well, I didn't check to see if they had also made that mistake.. I
am only saying that I did not copy the mistake from them as I was
avoiding writing the whole thing out. I will try to be more careful in
future.

Other than that, I assume that Bootstrap's typo do not cause us any
problem. From a quick look around the download, they sometimes only
mentioning http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt but there are
cases of mentioning Apache License v2.0 and Apache License, version 2.0.
I cannot see their intent being questioned here but, as we are committed
to attempting to get as close to perfection as possible with our
compliance with any licensing issues, I am happy to take some time to
look at this further if necessary.

Anyway, I think I may as well make the changes I mentioned at the
beginning of the thread (hopefully without any more typos) and see what
happens.

Cheers,
     Gary