From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Change to NOTICE file? (Was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1))
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:01:38 GMT
On 08/03/2012 09:26 AM, Greg Stein wrote:
>>> There is no need for these files to refer to a proposed TRAC_VERSION
>>> file. It is sufficient to state "portions developed by..." (as they do
>>> now).
>> I said so in order to say something like this in e.g. NOTICE file .
>>
>> "A modified copy of Trac is included in this source release package.
>> Exact version of Trac may be found in TRAC_VERSION file" ... etc , etc
> Ooooh... I like that! +1
>
> Cheers,
> -g

Given that this was liked...

At the moment the NOTICE file states:

    Trac - licensed under the BSD License
    This product include software (Trac) developed by
    Edgewall Software (http://trac.edgewall.org/)

Are we happy with fixing the typo in the above and appending the
following to the trac section of the NOTICE file:

    A modified copy of Trac is included in this source
    release package. The exact version of Trac may be
    found in the trac/TRAC_VERSION file.

It might also be nice for the bootstrap part of the NOTICE file to be
consistent with the rest - I think it should read:

    Bootstrap - licensed under the APLv2 License
    This product includes software (bootstrap) developed by
    Twitter (http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/)

to specify the license we understand it to use more carefully.

Cheers,
     Gary