From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #156: Local copy of bloodhound part of Apache repo for browse functionality
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 00:23:52 GMT
On 10/08/12 21:05, Olemis Lang wrote:

>> >A key part of Allura's architecture is the pluggability of "tools".  A
>> >standalone BloodHound tool for Allura could be developed without
>> >affecting the Allura platform at all.
>> >
>> >That said, a lot of the benefit of Allura is in using the core models
>> >which would give you unified searching, permissions, cross-linking
>> >between tools, etc.  So you couldn't reap those benefits without a lot
>> >of customization to BloodHound.
>> >

> AFAICS something in our schedule related to this may be #142 [1]_ , isn't it ?
>
> .. [1] #142 	Product-specific permissions
>          (https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/142)

I don't think that is strictly related as that is about internal
permissions.

Although it will take a bit of investigation, I don't see a particular
problem with Bloodhound providing a plugin to tap into permissions,
another search mechanism and so on. I am not sure how long it will be
before we can turn our attention to this at the moment, but it is very
good to know that interoperability is a possibility.

Cheers,
     Gary