From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #156: Local copy of bloodhound part of Apache repo for browse functionality
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:15:52 GMT
On 8/9/12 7:17 PM, Gary Martin wrote:
> On 09/08/12 16:36, Greg Stein wrote:
>> On Aug 9, 2012 11:33 AM, "Dave Brondsema" <dave@brondsema.net> wrote:
>>> That sounds great.  AFAIK an NFS mount will be fine for Allura to read
>> from.
>>> By the way, I've subscribed to the bloodhound-dev list also.  It seems
>>> that allura and bloodhound have a lot in common: python code/project
>>> management tools both going through incubation :)
>> Hehe... actually, I've considered raising the idea of plugging BH into
>> Allura. Guess this is a good time to do just that :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -g
>>

> Certainly a very interesting idea. Would this be considered consistent
> with Allura's plans though?

A key part of Allura's architecture is the pluggability of "tools".  A
standalone BloodHound tool for Allura could be developed without
affecting the Allura platform at all.

That said, a lot of the benefit of Allura is in using the core models
which would give you unified searching, permissions, cross-linking
between tools, etc.  So you couldn't reap those benefits without a lot
of customization to BloodHound.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal