From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #156: Local copy of bloodhound part of Apache repo for browse functionality
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 18:29:39 GMT
Not sure if this could be of interest beyond Bloodhound. It is a very
simple script (and quite possibly over-complicated in reality).

The attachment referred to is here:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/attachment/ticket/156/emptyrevs.py

Just tested it on 1229640 empty commits:

    python3 emptyrevs.py 1229640 | eatmydata svnadmin
    --bypass-prop-validation load repos/

which took about 2 hours - I suspect that the svnadmin load was the real
bottleneck.. it is just a few seconds to create about 92M of data if you
direct to a file instead.

Cheers,
     Gary