From Branko ─îibej <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1)
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 09:55:38 GMT
On 06.08.2012 11:40, Gary Martin wrote:
> By the way, are there any alternatives to RAT? Perhaps it does not
> make so much sense to maintain multiple tools for the same purpose
> but, at the same time, it seems a bit of overkill for a project that
> uses neither Maven or Java for anything else.
> Well, just wondering really.

I'm not aware of any such alternative. I agree with the sentiment that
RAT is somewhat top-heavy in this context, but then, using it to check
compliance with ASF guidelines doesn't really make it part of the
project. And by the time Bloodhound graduates, it's pretty much assumed
that the PMC is able to control what goes in without requiring a RAT
report before every release.

-- Brane