From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1)
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 09:40:09 GMT
On 08/06/2012 07:12 AM, Hyrum K Wright wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I hope that this is not premature but as the conversation on the related
>> [PROPOSAL] thread has died down, I would like to initiate the vote for
>> releasing Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating). If successful this will be
>> the first release of the project and is an important step that I hope will
>> generate interest in the project and help the community to grow.
>>
>> The release candidate this vote relates to provides:
>>
>>   * A patched version of Trac
>>   * A new dashboard view with the dashboard style unifying views of
>>     tickets, milestones and the user's dashboard.
>>   * A re-theming of the interface to use bootstrap
>>   * Preliminary multi-product support as a step towards allowing the
>>     tracking of multiple distinct products (or projects) in a single
>>     environment
>>   * Simplified installation with the inclusion of a number of plugins as
>>     standard.
>>
>> As an initial release, of particular importance is that we have taken proper
>> notice of licensing of code produced as part of this project and the proper
>> acknowledgement of external work packaged with it.
>>
>> The release candidate artifacts consist of source release as a tar.gz
>> archive along with the associated MD5 and GPG signature. These can be found
>> at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/bloodhound/
>>
>> Please vote:
>> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0
>> [ ] +0 Don't care
>> [ ] -1 Do not release this package (please explain)
>>
>> The vote is open for 72 hours and, if successful, will be followed by a vote
>> on general@incubator for a further 72 hours.
> I know I'm late to the party, but +1 (binding).
>
> I have not evaluated the technical content of the tarball, but have
> looked to ensure it complies with ASF policies.  (Aside: it would be
> nice to have an appropriate excludes file for the RAT tool, but that
> shouldn't hold up this release.)
>
> Good work and congrats!
>
> Your absentee mentor,
> -Hyrum

Thanks for that. I will look into it.

By the way, are there any alternatives to RAT? Perhaps it does not make
so much sense to maintain multiple tools for the same purpose but, at
the same time, it seems a bit of overkill for a project that uses
neither Maven or Java for anything else.

Well, just wondering really.

Cheers,
     Gary