From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: CI and virtualenv (Was: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1))
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 10:53:12 GMT
Greg,

That is a good idea. I was thinking of possibly using buildbot to do
that job as well. Of course, if a dist script is created it can always
just call that instead so you idea probably provides the best basic
solution. I believe you did mention one release process script from
subversion so I will investigate that. Thanks.

Olemis,

My buildbot master.cfg needs a bit of redacting so I will try to fix
that and commit it to the repository for others to suggest improvements
by Monday or Tuesday. Anyway, I believe that this is a relevant snippet
from my code:

    instdir = os.path.join("build", "installer")
    env = {'PATH': os.path.abspath("build/installer/bloodhound/bin") +
    ":${PATH}",
            'PYTHONPATH':
    os.path.abspath("build/installer/bloodhound/lib/python2.7")}
    envdir = 'bloodhound'
    pip = os.path.join(envdir, 'bin', 'pip')

    factory.addStep(ShellCommand(command=["virtualenv",
    "--no-site-packages", envdir], workdir=instdir, name="install
    virtualenv"))
    factory.addStep(ShellCommand(command=[pip, 'install', '-r',
    reqsfile], workdir=instdir, env=env, name="install packages"))
    factory.addStep(ShellCommand(command=[python, 'bloodhound_setup.py',
    '-d', 'sqlite',
                                           '--admin-user=' + adminuser,
    '--admin-password=' + adminpassword], workdir=instdir, name="setup"))

steps after this were all tests of one sort or another followed by a
removal of the bloodhound directory for a bit of cleanup just in case
the buildslave is persistent.

Cheers,
     Gary