From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1)
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 00:29:17 GMT
Thanks Joe, that is very much appreciated.

I would also plus one on this vote although I am not sure it would be
better to get our binding votes from three people independently of the
release manager and, in particular, with the help of our mentors. In
fact, I was under the impression that the support of our mentors was
pretty much essential.

For those who are less experienced, is there anything you need to know
about the process to help you decide on your vote?

The following is a short description of how to verify that the package
is signed:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#verifying-signature

In summary if you checkout the whole of
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/bloodhound/ there is a
KEYS file, the
signature file, the release tarball itself, allowing you to:

    |gpg --import KEYS
    ||gpg --verify apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.asc||apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.1.0-RC1.tar.gz|||

There is also an md5 file if you wish to verify that against the tarball
too.

Apache Rat, meanwhile, may provide a way to determine what files are
missing apache licence headers. If you are interested in using that,
details can be found here: http://creadur.apache.org/rat/

Cheers,
     Gary