From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Layout suggestion - affects Dashboard, Product, Version, Milestone
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:53:45 GMT
> IMO we can also insert links to the corresponding pages for client
> browsers with JS disabled and , at the same time , prepare for the
> case when JS is enabled by intercepting click events in order to
> launch modal dialogs . In theory it's possible to use a combination of
> the methods mentioned above by Gary . My $0.02 .

That sounds reasonable to me.

> [..] I wonder what happens if there are no such high-priority
> tickets at a given time . For instance , right now it seems to me that
> there's a single critical ticket in Bloodhound issue tracker , whereas
> we have quite a few major & minor & ... open tickets . If this is the
> case , will it list only one ticket in product / version screens ?

My reflex here was to answer that no; I meant to only highlight a
small number of the most important tickets to give a quick overview of
what's important. This may mean showing the 5 highest priority
tickets, and only expand to show more in order to include all blocker
and critical tickets. If the 5 highest priority tickets would all be
minor, it would show those.

After thinking about it since your message I'm not so sure though.
Maybe it's actually easier to understand the status of the product if
a message like this shows instead:

No blockers or critical issues. [Show all 72 tickets]

This would make clear that there are no major obstructions to the
work, effectively the backlog can be / is being tackled.

What do you think?

- Joe