From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Layout suggestion - affects Dashboard, Product, Version, Milestone
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:11:16 GMT
On 18 July 2012 01:35, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On 17/07/12 13:20, Joe Dreimann wrote:
>>

>> I'm happy for them to overlap. It's unlikely that they will significantly
>> anyway in a common setup considering the number of users it would have and
>> assuming some division of the work.
>>

> You make a good point but the assumption of a large set of users is an
> interesting one.

I think that once it's over a handful of users this will already become
likely. No need for a large number.

> Still, even if there is often significant overlap, that does not prove it
> to be inherently bad. It seems more like a judgement call where you have
> consistency of that part of the view between users against any perceived
> problem with replication. We can always wait for calls to make it a
> configuration option or a user preference.
>
>  The discussion aspect is a good point I hadn't considered yet. When your
>> priorities and the overall priorities overlap significantly that also
>> provides helpful feedback which may trigger helpful conversations.
>>

> Like.. 'why have you got all the high priority tickets?' Yes, that is a
> reasonable point.
>
> Talking of the possibility of seeing another user's dashboards, it is
> clearly possible to extend this idea to multiple users or groups.
> Presumably this could be of use to a team leader for instance. I do not
> recall a discussion here about how to help a team leader might see the
> details of the teams work. It might be better to provide a slightly
> different layout (perhaps separating their own tickets and the team's) but
> at the moment we do not have the ability to distinguish this kind of user.
> A team dashboard might be helpful to more than just the team leader of
> course. Perhaps this is something to break into a new thread.

I'd say that with some better reporting tools and an intuitive Custom Query
interface we can already achieve most of this. I see both also as general
requirements we have to deliver independently of this. Also ticket #138
contributes towards making such a 'shared' view if it allows users to embed
custom query results.

Cheers,
Joe