From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject First attempt to setup CI job for Bloodhound installer
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 05:32:34 GMT
Hi !

I've been playing with Jenkins for a while . I created a job [1]_ .
Its execution is restricted to a slave running Ubuntu (i.e.
kumar-ubuntu node) , but that may change later e.g. to test it in a
windows slave . Build job has a single step executing a python script
[2]_ shown below

{{{
#!python

from os import system
from os.path import join, abspath
import sys

scripts_folder = 'Scripts' if sys.platform == 'win32' else 'bin'
vcs_root = '.'

folder_ws = abspath('.')
folder_installer = join(folder_ws, vcs_root, 'installer')

venv = join(folder_installer, 'bloodhound')
bin = join(venv, scripts_folder)
activate = join(bin, 'activate')
easy_install = join(bin, 'easy_install')
pip = join(bin, 'pip')
python = join(bin, 'python')

ENVIRONMENT = {
        'folder_ws' : folder_ws,
        'folder_installer' : folder_installer,
        'venv' : venv,
        'bin' : bin,
        'activate' : activate,
        'easy_install' : easy_install,
        'pip' : pip,
        'python' : python,
    }

system('wget http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/virtual-python.py')
system('wget http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py')

#system('python2.6 ./virtual-python.py  --no-site-packages
--install-dir=%(venv)s' % ENVIRONMENT)
system('virtualenv --no-site-packages %(venv)s' % ENVIRONMENT)

system('%(python)s ./ez_setup.py' % ENVIRONMENT)
system('%(easy_install)s pip' % ENVIRONMENT)

system('cd %(folder_installer)s' % ENVIRONMENT)
if sys.platform != 'win32':
    system('source %(activate)s' % ENVIRONMENT)
system('%(pip)s install -r requirements-dev.txt' % ENVIRONMENT)
system('''%(python)s bloodhound_setup.py
            -d sqlite --database-string="sqlite:db/trac.db"
            --admin-password="testrun" --admin-user="bhadmin"
            --repository-type=svn --repository-path=
            ''' % ENVIRONMENT)

}}}

I've been trying to make it check out code from svn and execute the
installer in order to run tests (... or coverage , or ...) later, in
theory, using makefile . Nonetheless this is what I notice in console
output [3]_ regarding the installation process .

  - The command `source ./bloodhound/bin/activate` , mentioned in
    installation instructions , fails with message
    `sh: source: not found` ... so I guess we should have
    a more generic way to do this ? ... or fix the script ;)
  - Maybe that's the reason why I get this message immediately after ?

{{{
#!python

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bloodhound_setup.py", line 34, in <module>
    from trac.admin.console import TracAdmin
ImportError: No module named trac.admin.console
Post install setup requires that Bloodhound is properly installed
Traceback for error follows:
}}}

I look forward to your comments .

.. [1] Run Trac test suite in Apache(TM) Blodhound repository
        (http://hudson.testrun.org/job/bh-trac-test/)

.. [2] Configure bh-trac-test
        (http://hudson.testrun.org/job/bh-trac-test/configure)

.. [3] Build results (#11)