From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Milestone names in issue tracker matching version number in deliverables
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 23:20:03 GMT

[...]
> At some point we will be concerned with where tickets associated with
> the maintenance of previous versions will be located. I suggest that
> they should go into the same release milestones so that they remain
> under the same development cycles but with the version against which
> they are developed specified.

I'd be ok with starting this way , unless somebody with more
experience states there's something wrong with it (and | or ) we
experience some trouble . Time will tell .

> That only leaves the question of what to
> do with work arising from release. I think for now it would be enough to
> add them as blockers to the current active milestone

at least for tickets with (priority >= major) I'm ok with this . Not
so sure if (priority <= minor) because , even if it's an issue
targeted to maintenance release , maybe there's more pressure for
releasing new (>=major) features .

> and move them back
> into the correct milestone on actual release.

afaics -1 . That would not allow us to groups tickets in the same
development cycles , and may be confusing . I mean sometimes it's
useful to have a clear distinction between work made to achieve some
goals and enhancements needed afterwards . Besides traceability
between release and tickets (if I understood correctly) is given by
version field , so I guess setting version to the value of maintenance
release should be enough ... unless I'm missing something obvious.

My $0.02

--
Regards,

Olemis.