From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #120: Context dependent activity
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 04:34:10 GMT
> On 07/02/2012 01:19 PM, Joe Dreimann wrote:
>> On 1 Jul 2012, at 22:40, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>>
>>> it is a streamlining of the process of understanding what a ticket is
>>> about rather than the way in which it has changed state. If you extract
>>> the comments all into one place then it is easier to read it through
>>> without all the other information getting in the way. The status change
>>> information is still all there and, in fact, the Activity draws attention
>>> to the last changes closer to the top of the page which should be
>>> useful.
>> +1 that was my thinking behind suggesting the change.
>>
>> - Joe
>
> Excellent. I am glad that I interpreted this correctly then!

That's a fair cause . I agree . Nonetheless I still don't think having
two feeds improves this situation . IMO it makes it harder . Indeed
afaics the same goal may be achieved by rendering the whole ticket
feed and using "Show / hide comments" check box to toggle visibility
of non-ticket events (... which is the way it works in my local
install ... cmiiw ) . Maybe the most immediate improvement I can see
so far , beyond that , is to make that box (i.e. only comments + sort
by + ... ) sticky i.e. in such a way that users won't need to scroll
to the top to hide non-ticket events since that control will always be
handy

[...]

--
Regards,