From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Initial Release
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 23:24:25 GMT
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 6:09 AM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Is there a standard period over which to run release votes?

The Release Manager (aka you :-) can release once you get the minimum
three +1 votes. It is not possible to veto/stop a release, so you're
good once you get the necessary votes. Generally, it is best to wait
at least the standard 72 hours in order to see if somebody finds a
problem, and consensus decides to pull the testing artifacts and move
forward to another release.

I haven't read the specific incubation release guidelines, but I
believe the general process is to vette the release here by the PPMC
and then call a vote over on general@incubator to get the necessary
three +1 votes from IPMC members. Myself and Hyrum would be providing
2 of those, so it is really just looking for one more IPMC vote. (take
this paragraph with a grain of salt; as I said: I haven't yet read
what the Incubator specifically wants, but it shouldn't be much more
than the above; if it is... then I'll work to change it :-)

Cheers,
-g