From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Milestone names in issue tracker matching version number in deliverables
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:32:42 GMT
On 20/07/12 00:20, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> That only leaves the question of what to
>> do with work arising from release. I think for now it would be enough to
>> add them as blockers to the current active milestone
> at least for tickets with (priority >= major) I'm ok with this . Not
> so sure if (priority <= minor) because , even if it's an issue
> targeted to maintenance release , maybe there's more pressure for
> releasing new (>=major) features .

The tickets I am referring to are release specific. The only danger
should be that review brings up show-stopping bugs. This is not the
place for new features or other enhancements. So, any bug fixes that are
deemed important enough would have to be developed against trunk and
back merged to the relevant branch. As such I would suggest that you
need a ticket per version to be fixed with some mutual reference between
them.

>> and move them back
>> into the correct milestone on actual release.
>>
> afaics -1 . That would not allow us to groups tickets in the same
> development cycles , and may be confusing .

Release specific tickets for an old dev cycle are not logically part of
the current dev cycle and, for the most part, should be outstanding
tasks for release. The cycle can only be disrupted by bugs that are
blockers to release. I don't think that it will be that confusing but
the multiple tickets I advocate above should deal with that.

Cheers,
     Gary