From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Initial Release
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:09:23 GMT
Hi,

On 07/16/2012 09:46 AM, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> That all sounds good to me. I suggest #32 is important and requires
> little effort to include it.
> To vote on the release, do we just reply to this Email or will there
> be a separate vote count?
>
> +1 for release
>
> - Joe
>
> On 16 July 2012 03:58, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As you may have noticed, I have been talking about the preparation of a
>> release candidate for Apache Bloodhound. I believe I have much of the
>> information I require to sign the release appropriately (and I prepared one
>> earlier this evening) but I am not sure where to upload a release candidate
>> for our review at the moment. Licensing meanwhile appears to be in
>> reasonable shape to me.
>>
>> As for tickets, I don't think that there are any blockers although we could
>> incorporate the changes mentioned in
>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/32 and
>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/136. I also intend to delete the
>> installer.py script as the alternative bloodhound_setup.py is working well
>> to close https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/126. I think all the
>> remaining tickets can be moved on to the next milestone.
>>
>> Anyway, in the meantime, I thought I should propose that we vote on a
>> release. I expect the release to go out with the name
>> apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.1, based on the new 0.1 branch.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>      Gary

I was considering going straight to a [VOTE] before realising that is
not the pattern we have used before. Given that it is probably best to
move things on, I was hoping that it is not completely out of line with
good Apache process to gauge a general consensus in this thread, create
a signed release and then open the official vote for whether to release
that.

Joe: I think it is best to go with the assumption that, as there is no
specific question is formulated in a vote thread, a +1 in a prior
discussion thread does not indicate a vote for the motion.

Is there a standard period over which to run release votes?

Cheers,
     Gary