From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Initial Release
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 01:58:48 GMT
Hi,

As you may have noticed, I have been talking about the preparation of a
release candidate for Apache Bloodhound. I believe I have much of the
information I require to sign the release appropriately (and I prepared
one earlier this evening) but I am not sure where to upload a release
candidate for our review at the moment. Licensing meanwhile appears to
be in reasonable shape to me.

As for tickets, I don't think that there are any blockers although we
could incorporate the changes mentioned in
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/32 and
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/136. I also intend to delete
the installer.py script as the alternative bloodhound_setup.py is
working well to close https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/126. I
think all the remaining tickets can be moved on to the next milestone.

Anyway, in the meantime, I thought I should propose that we vote on a
release. I expect the release to go out with the name
apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.1, based on the new 0.1 branch.

Cheers,
     Gary