From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: First attempt to setup CI job for Bloodhound installer
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:06:58 GMT
Sorry.. I only spotted this message after my last reply.

On 12/07/12 19:29, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 7/12/12, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> Actually, it sort of looks like the commands might have been running in
>> what is effectively a virtualenv anyway.
> yes ;)
> they are using python interpreter @
> /path/to/jenkins/buildjob/ws/installer/bloodhound/bin/python inside
> virtualenv @ /path/to/jenkins/buildjob/ws/installer/bloodhound

Good.. you don't need another virtualenv and there is no need to
activate it so don't worry about the source command replacement I
mentioned. So.. is pip already installed too?

>> it looks like the ImportError exception should be taken at face
>> value.. That trac is not actually installed.
> well ... I noticed that but I thought that step was part of the
> installer as well , that's why I asked .

It is a part of the bloodhound_setup.py command but it failed for a
valid reason.

> In any case Bloodhound works on top of a custom Trac install enhanced
> with some patches (... as we already know ...) so I wonder whether it
> will be a good idea to make that distinction explicit in the installer
> in order to ensure users will be using the correct code under-the-hood

Well, as the requirements file provides the correct trac, that is not
strictly necessary but it may be worth thinking about.
>> And closer at the output of
>> the pip install command, it fails with:
>>
>>      Cannot find command 'svn'
>>
> That should be happening due to the fact that build job is not aware
> of system PATH . Setting it should be enough ... but that one , well ,
> I didn't notice before . Thanks for the pointer .

Ah, excellent. That sounds like a good potential way to fix then.
>> Before it can actually starts to install the packages. At the moment
>> TracAccountManager, TracThemeEngine and TracPermRedirect are all
>> specified to be pulled from the trac-hacks svn server. We would have to
>> check if we can get appropriate versions elsewhere if we want to change
>> this.
>>
> So , fresh versions of plugins @ t.h.o will be considered stable ?
No, I don't consider them stable.
> Maybe we should tag (... even if not in t.h.o svn repos then at least
> in installer script ...) versions considered stable once we know they
> work (<= e.g. once build jobs report everything is ok with it ;) .

Yes, this is the idea.

Cheers,
     Gary