From Gary Martin <>
Subject Re: Licensing and the upcoming release
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:17:15 GMT

I have recently added the LICENSE and NOTICE files to the trunk
directory, with the following text for Trac in the latter:

    Trac - licensed under the BSD License
    This product include software (Trac) developed by
    Edgewall Software (

I'm going to look through the documentation and try to update as much as
I can but I am keen to get a release candidate prepared very soon. If
anyone has advice, concerns or a better knowledge of the Apache release
procedures, it would be good for everyone to join in the discussion now.

On 09/07/12 11:37, Gary Martin wrote:
> Hi,
> So, is about trying to
> make sure that we can get all the licensing issues out of the way
> ready for release. Yesterday I added headers to lots of files that had
> escaped my attention earlier including the html templates. With luck,
> despite all these added headers to included templates, there should
> only be one copy of the header in any served page.
> I would like the upcoming release candidate to be in the form of a
> single source package rather than splitting on the
> theme/dashboard/products/etc lines. This should allow us to distribute
> the patched trac as a part of the package. I think that the changes to
> trac can be considered minor enough for the work to stay under the BSD
> license which is in line with earlier discussions as to how Bloodhound
> should use Trac. To make this work, I believe we will have to add
> LICENSE and NOTICE files to the trunk directory, merging the NOTICEs
> from the subdirectories and adding:
>     This product includes software (Trac) developed by
>     Edgewall Software (
> Does this all look and sound right?
> Cheers,
>     Gary