From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #126: Drop the pip install from the installation script for increased flexibility
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 09:55:37 GMT
Hi,

I just wanted to mention that I am expecting to push forward with
changing to use bloodhound_setup.py instead of installer.py as the
recommended way to install. That will just mean updating documentation a
little to provide the virtualenv and pip install instructions. If anyone
feels like testing the process in its current state, then instead of

    python installer.py

you should now run:

    virtualenv bloodhound
    source bloodhound/bin/activate
    pip install -r requirements-dev.txt
    python bloodhound_setup.py

despite appearances, this is only actually two extra instructions as the
environment activation is a step that does not need to be performed later.

The ticket for this work is here:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/126

Cheers,
     Gary