From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: moving towards initial release
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 09:10:19 GMT
On 07/05/2012 03:00 AM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> ... for individual plugins , yes ... but for the whole Bloodhound
> solution it seems it'd be nice to have (/me thinking in terms of
> debian packages ...) some kind of bloodhound meta-package installing
> bloodhound-* packages for
>
>    1. modified Trac code
>    2. theme , dashboard , multiproduct , ... plugins .
>
> Top level package (i.e. bloodhound) being just a lightweight solution
> responsible of installing needed dependencies (i.e. 1 and 2 above ;),
> use appropriate configuration , ... and these kinds of tasks beyond
> individual packages themselves . Right now these are implemented in
> the installer . Even if not implemented exactly like this , well ...
> just a suggestion
> ;)

-1

We only need to ensure that the source builds, runs and is installable.
We meet those requirements without having to create binary installers.

I propose instead that we improve the flexibility of our approach by
changing the installer into an initial configuration script. Doing this
will only add a few steps to the install instructions and allow me to
remove some extremely annoying aspects of the current process. I was
experimenting with this further last night and I think I have something
that should be a lot more robust.

Cheers,
     Gary