From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject moving towards initial release
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 09:06:46 GMT
Hi,

I think it is about time that we move properly towards creating an
initial release for the Apache Bloodhound project. Some of you may have
noticed that I have created new milestones and I have slowly been moving
tickets around to indicate things that might happen in future releases.
Bloodhound is evolving nicely and, while there are many things that need
to happen before we are close to a fully polished system, I believe that
it remains functional and usable.

Anyway, as a fundamental part of a release is that it consists of the
necessary source to build the project, we need to make sure that our
installer is fit for the task of installing in that form, or, at least,
we give adequate instructions for how the project is built without using
the simple installer. Either way, changes to the installer should be
expected.

There are going to be lots of other criteria for making sure that we get
a valid release from Apache's point of view so it will be good to get
them understood and covered as soon as possible. Any advice would be
great. It will probably help for us to have a set of standard tickets
that we can use to track our progress that can be replicated for future
releases.

Cheers,
     Gary