From Joe Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Layout suggestion - affects Dashboard, Product, Version, Milestone
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:20:27 GMT

________________________
@jdreimann - Twitter
Sent from my phone

On 17 Jul 2012, at 13:44, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On 07/17/2012 09:53 AM, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
>>
>> [..] What do you think?
>
> Well, I don't like distinguishing blockers and critical as being particularly special.

That's ok. I also didn't consider that these can be modified by users, which would make it
unfeasible anyway.

> I suggest that we consider the most important tickets to be members of the top N priority
levels represented in tickets of a given milestone. We could then use the dates of milestones
to determine which tickets are likely to be more interesting (assuming that a ticket is not
given its own due date through a plugin.)

> For this to work at its best, milestones would have to have due dates but this could
be an incentive to set them.

> I understand that the selection of tickets we are discussing is distinct from the list
of tickets that are [assigned to|watched by] the user. We should also consider whether these
lists should be allowed to overlap. If we are expecting users to discuss the list of tickets
displayed with reference to a dashboard view, it might be expected that certain lists would
be identical for the viewers. On the other hand, a ticket listed twice on a page seems a bit
silly so it would probably be helpful to instead provide the means for the user to see the
dashboard style views of a different user - probably with redacted parts for where there is
information that the viewing user does not have the relevant permissions to view.

I'm happy for them to overlap. It's unlikely that they will significantly anyway in a common
setup considering the number of users it would have and assuming some division of the work.

The discussion aspect is a good point I hadn't considered yet. When your priorities and the
overall priorities overlap significantly that also provides helpful feedback which may trigger
helpful conversations.

- Joe