From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #120: Context dependent activity
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:08:26 GMT
Hi

Oops. So it is.. Thanks for pointing that out. For now I'll note the
duplication in #120 and, hopefully, make it make more sense in the long run.

I should mention that when I was writing #120 I thought it might be
better to separate out the Ticket side of this to a separate issue.
Although I believe it should follow the general principle of greater
focus as suggested by #94
(https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/94), focusing on an
individual Ticket, it will certainly have to show more types of events
than at other levels.

There is also the question of distinguishing the roles of the activity
area and the 'Change History' area which is probably worth clearing up.
Effectively the design that Joe provided us with changes that Change
History area into a Comments only area (see
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/html-templates/ticket.html).

Taking that to a hopefully logical conclusion, the Activity area
effectively replaces the role of the Change History, showing *all* the
Ticket change history, except using truncated comments. Oh, and as seen
in the design, it will happen to be last change first order, matching
the other activity feeds.

This does suggest that a slightly different approach for initial
population of the Event area could be considered for Tickets.

Anyway, I suspect that a full implementation of this approach is
unlikely to make it into the initial release.

Does all this all make sense?

Cheers,
     Gary