From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jun 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:18:16 GMT
Hi everyone,

OK, I have thrown some words together from some notes I had and I have
updated our section of the report with the following if anyone would
like to review it:

Bloodhound is an issue tracker derivative of Trac, with the goal of making
deployment easy, and usage intuitive.

Bloodhound has been incubating since December 2011.

The top three issues that need to be addressed to move toward graduation are
still:

   1. Improving community diversity
   2. Lowering the barrier to entry and development
   3. Creating shippable releases and getting user feedback

Over the last three months there has been significant design and development
effort into the project, taking the codebase from being a basic installer to
add a new interface. The front-end design is considered to be complete at this
stage but more work is required to implement this design. Despite this, the
project remains installable and it has become possible for new developers to
contribute relatively quickly.

No new committers have been added over the last three months but we have had
very welcome patches from new contributors. Activity on the developer mailing
list seems to have reduced which is disappointing. This may be remedied in
part by encouraging more discussion that currently takes place in the issue
tracker to take place in the mailing list.

The target of creating an initial release is ongoing. With the conversion of
most of the interface to a new basic design, it is only completion of a subset
of the dashboard design that should be seen as a requirement for an initial
release. This remains the immediate primary goal of the community.

Thanks to everyone for their patience in waiting so long for me to
complete that!

Cheers,
     Gary