From Gary <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Default access policy for anonymous users on installation
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 09:15:40 GMT
Hi,

I'll try not to bias the following by appearing to show a preference
here but I was wondering how people feel about a change in default
access permissions for anonymous users.

Currently Trac appears to give view permissions to anonymous users for a
wide range of resources including wiki pages and tickets.

As this is a question about the default policy, the question can be
framed as the following choice:

 1. Leave anonymous users with the current view permissions or
 2. Remove all view permissions for anonymous users for the default install

This makes it separate to the question of whether we provide any extra
help in choosing an appropriate access policy, at install time or
otherwise, but I would be happy to hear any thoughts that people have on
that too.

Cheers,
     Gary