From Joe Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #42: Disable quick ticket button when user doesn't have sufficient permission
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 09:56:19 GMT
Maybe click and/or hover on the disabled button should show a tooltip asking to log in? For
now.

The better solution would be to not disable the button at all, but change the drop down from
the normal quick ticket one to "You need to log in to create a ticket here" with login boxes
(UN/PWD) or when logged in already: "You don't have sufficient permissions to create a ticket
here. Please contact your <admin/team leader> to request these. <contact details>

Ultimately this is a better solution than disabling the button, but it's a question of whiter
this needs to be a v1 implementation. The disabled button is a poor experience, but *may*
be sufficient for RC1 if the better solution takes too long to implement.

- Joe

________________________
@jdreimann - Twitter
Sent from my phone

On 27 Apr 2012, at 18:16, Gary <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:

> For those that are interested in what I meant by the last remark, I believe that this
is the logged out view:

> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/raw-attachment/ticket/42/Is%20the%20Create%20Ticket%20button%20disabled.png
>
> If there was the context of other active buttons of the same type it might not be so
bad. At the moment I have visions of lots of frustrated people clicking the button and wondering
why nothing is happening! What if we just drop the btn-primary class too?

> Cheers,
>    Gary
>

> On 04/27/2012 05:46 PM, Gary wrote:
>> Hi Olemis,
>>
>> Sorry.. keeping it open for now. In my follow-up comment I've suggested a small fix
due to an odd change in the shape of the button when removing the dropdown-toggle class. I
also ponder whether the button really looks disabled.