From Gary <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #42: Disable quick ticket button when user doesn't have sufficient permission
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:19:35 GMT
OK, the simplest solution that might satisfy the most people may well be
to check for sufficient permissions and provide an appropriate
explanation in the drop down.

So I think Olemis means:

  * Fails permission check and is anonymous:  "You do not have
    sufficient permissions to create a ticket. Please <a>Login</a>."
  * Fails permission check and is not anonymous: "Your account does not
    have sufficient permissions to create a ticket. Ask your
    administrator for more information."

or something like that. Generally, asking a logged in user to login with
a different account will probably be futile.

I haven't checked all the different ways that login can be achieved but
I assume that it is possible to get the relevant link from either trac
or the account manager plugin.

Will that do for now?

Cheers,
     Gary