From Antony Semonella <asemone...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting involved and installation pages
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 12:36:16 GMT
Hello,

I managed to set up a bloodhound development environment on Debian 6.0
following the instructions at:

https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundContributing

You may want to update the wiki to highlight the following dependency I
encountered:

The version of virtualenv in the repo for Debian squeeze is: 1.4.9-3; this
version of virtualenv results in:

NameError: global name 'logger' is not defined

When running bloodhound/installer/installer.py.

logger is defined only in main() for this version of virtualenv.

This issue has been resolved by:

https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/commit/ea1786

Using the latest version of virtualenv (1.7.1.2) resulted in no NameError
and so the bloodhound dev. environment was setup ok for me.

I therefore suggest a version of virtualenv >=1.7.1.2 be listed as a
dependency.

Cheers!

Antony